viernes, 23 de febrero de 2018

Simple Present and Present Continuous

Present Continuous 

Use the present continuous with normal verbs to express the idea that something is happening now, at this very moment. It can also be used to show that something is not happening now.

It's used:
-To describe an action that is going on at this moment.
-To describe an action that is going on during this period of time.
-To describe an action or event in the future, which has already been planned or prepared.
-To describe a temporary event or situation.

The Present Continuous Formula:
To be [am, is, are] + verb [present participle]

Key words: 
Verb, present participle, tense, dynamic verbs, stative verbs


Present Continuous


Examples:


Affirmative
Negative
Interrogative
I am going
I am not going
Am I going?
You are going
You aren't going.
Are you going?
He, she, it is going
He, she, it isn't going
Is he, she, it going?
We are going
We aren't going
Are we going?
You are going
You aren't going
Are you going?
They are going
They aren't going
Are they going?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario